PLUGABLE USB 3 DOCKING STATION 2K VIDEO ENET AUDIO USB
Connect up to 10 accessories to your Windows PC through a single SuperSpeed USB 3.0 port with the Plugable UD-3900, a universal docking station for Windows-based computers that offers the speed, performance, and reliability found in proprietary docking stations for specific laptop PC brands.
With graphics, networking, and hub chipsets that have been selected and tested together to ensure maximum quality, the UD-3900 provides:
- An HDMI and a DVI port for connecting two external monitors and supports resolutions up to 2560ú1440* (HDMI) and DVI / VGA to 2048ú1152 / 1920ú1200 (DVI-to-VGA adapter also included)
- An RJ-45 Gigabit Ethernet network port (also supports 10/100 Ethernet)
- External speaker output jack and a microphone line in
- Two USB 3.0 ports for accessories (such as an external hard drive or another graphics port)
- Four USB 2.0 ports (great for a keyboard and mouse with two ports to spare)
- *Note: 2560ú1440 output only available when using a single HDMI display connected through the dock.
- The heart of the docking station is its DisplayLink DL-3900 chipset, which manages dual graphics and audio output and Gigabit Ethernet functions. The integration of these functions on a single chipset means fewer internal components need to be bolted together, leading to increased compatibility and reliability overall. Drivers are installed automatically from Windows Update if an Internet connection is present when the docking station is first connected.
- You can extend or mirror your primary Windows desktop to a monitor connected to the UD-3900. With DisplayLink technology, graphics processing still is handled by connected computer's central processor and graphics processor. The DisplayLink drivers on that PC compress and transmit pixels to the DL-3900 chipset, which decodes the data and displays it.
- The UD-3900 can be used in conjunction with any of Plugable's other USB graphics adapters for adding extra monitors. Please note that USB graphics adapters not powered by DisplayLink technology cannot be used on your PC simultaneously with the UD-3900. Drivers for non-DisplayLink USB graphics adapters must be uninstalled from the PC.
- The internal USB 3.0 components and two extra ports are managed by a VIA VL811 chipset, while the USB 2.0 controller chipset for the four USB 3.0 ports comes from Terminus Technology. USB 3.0 devices must be connected to USB 3.0 ports for proper functionality, but USB 2.0/1.1 devices can be connected to any of the six USB ports.